Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hot Chocolate 15k/5k

I was both nervous and excited to do this 5k. I mean, who wouldn't get excited for hot chocolate and chocolate fondue? I was pumped.

I should start by stating that I am NOT a "real" runner. I am a walker and a beginning wogger (walking and jogging intervals) but I can not run for any substantial distance. This is where the nervous part kicked in. The race coordinators had strict rules that everyone must maintain a 15 minute mile pace (or be rerouted). So my initial goal (after finishing) was to not be rerouted at all.

I woke up at 4 am, anyone that knows me will realize how amazing that is all in itself. I am not a morning person at all. Met up with my partner in crime for the race and headed to Seattle.

It was chilly outside and the corals to start seemed to take forever to cycle through. I started off jogging, I made it a little over a 1/4 mile (personal best) then moved to a brisk walk. I repeated this pattern for the entire 5k. I finished the race with a time of 50 min, 21 seconds. It's not quite a 15 minute mile, but I was NOT rerouted! Success!

The hot chocolate at the end was worth it...Chin up, Chest out & Attack











No comments:

Post a Comment