Friday, December 9, 2011

Washington Soldiers Home Cemetery


I have visited this cemetery several times over the last few years (pictures below will be from various visits).  I think it is one of my favorites.  It is located outside of Orting, going up the hill towards Graham.  It is on the left hand side, not to be confused with the City Cemetery which is further up the hill on the right.  Thus locals call this hill, Cemetery hill.  I like that on Memorial day and Veteran's day each grave has an American flag placed on it.  It is surreal and peaceful.  I wander through the markers that seem to salute the American flag at the top of the hill.  I wonder what all these soldiers were like and how they fought for our country, so unselfishly.  I hope that they find as much peace in their final resting place as I do.

This Staircase leads to the back of the Cemetery from Orting Kapowsin Hwy













This is one of my favorite markers
Ghosttowns of Washington also visited this Cemetery.  Please see their website, it is one of my favortie reads.  Plus they take amazing photo's.  http://www.ghosttownsofwashington.com/Orting_Soldiers_Home.html








No comments:

Post a Comment