Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week 2-Check in


This challenge has been difficult, not only because it is hard.  Also, because I seem to be having the worst luck.

Here is the break down:  Truck battery died, left me stranded (fun).  Broke a tooth (more fun).  By Friday of last week I was bitchy and in pain, so I finally went to the dentist.  Well my broke tooth was fractured in such a way that they had to do an emergency extraction (sooo much fun).

What that boils down to is I made a ton of excuses as to why I couldn't do the push-ups this week.  Yes, I know exercise is a great stress relief.  I just wasn't feeling it.

Here is what I did do....2 days of 4 push-ups.  Since 4 seems to be my max.  Week 3 goal is #6.

I also decided that I need to do something else...since I am getting super frustrated with not improving as fast as I think I should.  This week I am adding modified push-ups.

Not "girly" push-ups...counter push-ups.  This will help me build some (much needed) upper body strength and I will feel like I am actually making progress. Like the one in the picture, only using my kitchen counter not the wall.



So, let's get out there and DO this.  Chin UP, Chest out, and ATTACK!





1 comment: